Baxter will present 17 abstracts on new in-centre and home dialysis data
Baxter to sponsor three industry innovation symposia, presented by global leaders on HDx therapy, telehealth in home dialysis and acute therapy
DEERFIELD, Ill. - June 1, 2017
Baxter International Inc. (NYSE: BAX), a global innovator in renal care, announced today that it will make significant contributions to the scientific exchange at the 54th Congress of the European Renal Association and European Dialysis and Transplant Association (ERA-EDTA), Madrid, June 3-6. Baxter will present 17 abstracts highlighting data aimed at improving end-stage renal disease (ESRD) patient care in both in-centre haemodialysis (ICHD) and home peritoneal dialysis (PD).
Key findings to be presented during the conference include data demonstrating the high performance of Baxter’s new haemodialysis therapy, HDx therapy enabled by the THERANOVA dialyser. Baxter also will present new data on the positive impact for patients and renal clinics of its SHARESOURCE remote patient management platform for use with the HOMECHOICE CLARIA automated PD (APD) system.
“Baxter continues to advance renal therapies like HDx and telehealth technologies to help ESRD patients have access to new standards of dialysis care,” said Dheerendra Kommala, M.D., vice president, Medical Affairs, Baxter. “We are committed to robustly contributing to scientific exchange at important conferences like ERA-EDTA, in hopes of sharing our learnings and inspiring better outcomes for patients globally.”
Baxter data presentation highlights include:
• Retention of Different Types of Pyrogens by Membranes of Different Pore Size: Abstract #SP488.
• Does Increasing Membrane Pore Size Affect Endotoxin Permeability? A Novel Dialysis Simulation Set-Up: Abstract #MP537.
Baxter to Present Significant Data at ERA-EDTA 2017 – Page 2
• Lack Of Correlation Between Dialyser Albumin Sieving Coefficients and In Vivo Albumin Removal In Haemodialysis and Haemodiafiltration: Abstract #MP522.
Peritoneal Dialysis and Telehealth
• Impact of Remote Patient Management in Hospitals Conducting APD: Shifting the Nursing Care Paradigm: Abstract #SP508.
• Hypokalemia in the Peritoneal Dialysis and Outcome Practice Patterns Study (PDOPPS): International Variability and Clinical Predictors: Abstract #SP498.
• Discrepancy between Prescribed and Actual APD Prescription Delivery: Identification Using Cycler Remote Management Technology: Abstract #MP557.
• Early Peritoneal Dialysis Attrition: Preliminary Results from the Peritoneal Dialysis Outcomes and Practice Patterns Study (PDOPPS): Abstract #MO061.
In addition to Baxter’s data presentations, the company will host three industry symposia led by global therapy experts, and host a booth (#5,005) featuring recently launched ICHD and APD technologies.
Baxter-sponsored industry innovation symposia:
• Advancing Renal Therapies through HDx (expanded haemodialysis): The international faculty will discuss the importance of efficient removal of large middle molecules, and the research indicating the potential role of those molecules in cardiovascular disease and inflammation risks for ICHD ESRD patients. Sunday, June 4; 13:45–14:45; Hall 10.
• Long-term Dialysis Dependence after Acute Kidney Injury: The Health-Economic Impact
The international speakers will discuss recent data showing the difference between initial use of intermittent renal replacement therapy (RRT) and the use of continuous RRT, including the economic implications of non-recovery from AKI and long-term dialysis dependence. Sunday, June 4; 18:45–19:45; Hall N107–108.
• Remote Patient Management (RPM) in Home Dialysis: Changing the Paradigm of Care:
The international faculty will discuss the applicability and current experience of RPM (telehealth) for the home PD population, and prospects for improved access and outcomes. Monday, June 5; 13:45–14:45; Hall N103–104.
HOMECHOICE CLARIA with SHARESOURCE is available in the UK and Ireland. THERANOVA is available in the UK and Ireland.
For prescription only. For safe and proper use of the devices mentioned herein, refer to the complete instructions in the Operator's Manual.
Baxter to Present Significant Data at ERA-EDTA 2017 – Page 3
Baxter provides a broad portfolio of essential renal and hospital products, including home, acute and in-centre dialysis; sterile IV solutions; infusion systems and devices; parenteral nutrition; surgery products and anaesthetics; and pharmacy automation, software and services. The company’s global footprint and the critical nature of its products and services play a key role in expanding access to healthcare in emerging and developed countries. Baxter’s employees worldwide are building upon the company’s rich heritage of medical breakthroughs to advance the next generation of healthcare innovations that enable patient care.
Baxter, Amia, HomeChoice Claria, Sharesource and Theranova are registered trademarks of Baxter International Inc.