Our 50,000 employees stand together with clinicians and care givers around the world who are on the front lines of COVID-19.
"Our deepest gratitude goes to the healthcare providers and first responders battling the spread and impact of COVID-19, and my sincerest appreciation to our employees, whose tireless efforts are making a meaningful difference for patients globally," said Joe Almeida, chairman and CEO.
The COVID-19 pandemic is an unprecedented healthcare crisis that continues to require our complete support—even when obstacles seem the greatest. As a global leader in healthcare, we are focused on protecting the health and safety of our employees; increasing supply of our life-sustaining medicines and medical devices; expanding job opportunities globally to help meet increased product demand; and providing philanthropic support to impacted communities.
Here is our ongoing position on the actions Baxter Healthcare Ltd is taking. We are working collaboratively on shared learning, and steps we can take in partnership, to prepare for a range of future scenarios as the pandemic continues to evolve. This includes our Brexit readiness and preparation for the end of the transition period.
Generally, our overall status is business as usual in relation to product supply. Our teams remain working from home and our head office is open at a reduced occupancy for critical production employees only. Our customer facing teams have resumed face to face visits where necessary and where agreed in advance with customers. Where possible virtual meetings remain the primary focus approach.
Maintaining Product Supply
- For critical products, our global manufacturing operations are running 24 hours per day, 7 days per week. We are proactively monitoring and managing our inventory levels, stock levels in warehouses and transportation, so we can act quickly as the situation changes.
- Stock levels for CRRT consumables are good and 'business as usual', and ordering and fulfilment processes continue to be in operation. We continue to work closely with the government agencies in the UK and Ireland to monitor demand levels in relation to inventory.
- Across our sites we continue to operate the highest levels of pandemic preparedness.
- Out of hours, we have an on-call system covering Customer Service, Pharmacy and Warehouse staff, who can facilitate emergency deliveries.
Supporting Reintroduction of non-COVID Treatment and Services
- Throughout the pandemic, we have proactively managed our inventory levels, stock levels in warehouses and transportation options, so we can act quickly as the situation changes. We are in regular contact with our supply chain colleagues and continue to review forecasts to align with changes in demand. We will continue to monitor customer ordering patterns to help ensure product availability for all our customers.
If you require assistance – please see below:
|Customer Services Dublin - Home Dialysis|
If you are a patient or healthcare professional using our home dialysis service, please contact: +353 (0) 12065522
Email: [email protected]
|Customer Services Dublin - OPAT|
|For compounding orders and enquiries, please contact: +353 (0) 12065544|
|Customer Services Dublin - Compounding|
|For compounding orders and enquiries, please contact: +353 (0) 12065596|
|Customer Services Dublin - Hospital|
For orders and enquiries about Baxter products used in hospitals, please contact: +353 (0) 12065505 / +353 (0) 12065570
Email: [email protected]
|Customer Services Belfast - Hospital and Home Dialysis|
For orders and enquiries about Baxter products used in hospitals and if you are a patient or healthcare professional using our home dialysis service, please contact:
+44 (0) 800 0280826
Email: [email protected]
If you require technical support for a Baxter device such as our dialysis machines please contact: Tel: 1800 844421
Peritoneal Dialysis (PD)
Tel: 1800 259359
Water Treatment Technical Services & Prismaflex 24 hour Helpline
Tel: 1800 844450
Critical Support for Healthcare Providers
- Our team continues to provide frontline assistance to healthcare providers as they manage critically ill patients requiring care. Where possible, we are using virtual tools for training and individualised clinical support for our healthcare professionals across our therapy areas.
Information for patients: Click here.
Personal Protective Equipment (PPE)
- All Baxter employees have the PPE, such as gloves, masks and gowns, they require when working at any of our sites. We have taken measures to produce in house hand sanitiser and masks for internal use at our sites. We are also continuing to liaise with our suppliers to receive regular and sufficient supplies of PPE to ensure our teams can continue to work safely and effectively, including our frontline nursing service.
Protecting Our Employees
- To continue to protect our employees’ health and safety across all Baxter facilities we are following the guidelines provided by the Centers for Disease Control and the World Health Organization. This includes steps such as symptom screening at building entrances, use of respiratory protection for key personnel, and restricting visitors at facilities. Our manufacturing employees continue to go above and beyond to help us continue to supply our life-sustaining products around the globe.
- Our existing flexible workplace policies have enabled our office and field-based employees to work remotely while maintaining business continuity. Business travel has been restricted.